Monday morning can only get better when it starts out with John Mayer and his fun song “No Such Thing” (from his 2004 Live In Ohio album). I thought it was appropriate for this week since our kids go back to school tomorrow!
It seems like summer just flew right by this year! I am having a hard time convincing myself that I’m the mother of a 5th and 11th grader…
When. Did. That. Happen? o.0
And, I’ve decided I like this meme so here’s installment #three.
Welcome to Monday Mayhem.
Welcome to Monday Mayhem. Rumor has it that this is the coolest place to be on a Monday.
Today we are focusing on crummy weather. Answer each question as you feel and don’t forget…
1. What city, in your opinion, has the crummiest weather?
ANY city that is in Tornado Alley.
2. What kind of weather is the crummiest weather that your current home experiences?
Tornadoes… tornadoes… and tornadoes. Well more like Tornado Watches and Warnings. In 1985 came through our town and destroyed everything so I’ve pretty much been terrified, yet strangely fascinated, by them since.
3. When the weather alerts and alarms go off, what do you do?
I freak out.
I get mad at Super Genius for not caring about the fact that we could be sucked away.
I try not to freak the kids out.
I backup my hard drive onto my external drive, put it in a heavy duty Ziploc baggie and put it in my purse to keep all of our pictures safe(r).
I am glued to weather.gov, accuweather.com, livewxradar.com, and our local weather stations for the entirety of the situation. And if it’s up, I listen to the SkyWarn ham operators talk about it.
In other words I go crazy.
4. What is the crummiest weather event that you have personally ever experienced?
Green Sky during a tornado warning a few years ago, and a Tornado that came within a mile of us on my birthday this year. A snow whiteout while driving a school bus on the highway, now that was scary!
5. Where would you rather be stuck for a month- somewhere where there is 20 inches of snow and below freezing temps or somewhere where it is painfully hot and humid?
I have found the older I get, the less I can tolerate humidity so as nuts as I feel saying this, I would take the snow and freezing temps.
6. What kind of weather keeps you indoors?
High humidity and bitter cold.
7. Tell us the name of one famous person and the kind of weather you would wish upon them.
Julie Andrews. I just know that rainbows and sunshine and happy dancing penguins follow her wherever she goes. I wouldn’t wish it any other way.
8. If you were the official ruler of all weather, what kind of weather would you make happen?
Oh Yes!! Fall weather 365 days a year, 24/7!
I LOVE fall. Keep it at 50 – 74 degrees year round — with a few days higher or lower — and I’d be one happy camper!
9. What kinds of weather do you dread?
Spring Tornado warning season. I DREAD it. Maybe if we had a basement it wouldn’t be so bad…
10. What’s your weather like today?
Gorgeous! It’s a perfect day!
Thanks for playing. See you next week!
Thanks for playing and have a great week! I’m linked up at HarrietandFriends.com