When I dropped my daughter off at basketball practice tonight, I realized that I had forgotten something. Everyone was carrying various trays and bags of cookies which reminded me that I was also supposed to bring 2 dozen cookies for this weekend’s bake sale. Woops!
A stop at the store, 2 hours, and 6 1/2 dozen cookies later, I ran back to pick Pie up from practice and drop off a tray of warm cookies. For once, the cookies actually turned out and they were pretty darn good!
- 4¾ c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c butter, softened
- 1½ c packed dark brown sugar
- ½ c white sugar
- 2 pkg instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz each)
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together softened butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the dry pudding mix.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour in three installments, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir chocolate chips into batter by hand.
- Place batter in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Bake by the Tablespoonful on parchment lined baking sheets for 10 – 12 minutes, until edges just begin to brown.
- Allow cookies to set on sheets for 30 seconds before transferring cookies to baking racks to cool.
- Store in airtight container.