I really love potato salad, it’s the perfect side dish for anything you can throw on the grill. There really isn’t a way to make bad ptotao salad — make it from a recipe, make your Grandma’s version or throw together whatever’s in the fridge and it almost always turns out great.
This simple homestyle potato salad is one of my favorite versions.
I was inspired to make it when I saw a jar of Kraft “Homestyle” rich & creamy mayo at the store the other day. This Mayo really makes the dish, I’ve never noticed it before so I’m not sure if it’s new or not? It’s super easy and it tastes good. Perfect for my hubby for Father’s Day :).
- 3lbs red potatoes, washed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 c Kraft Homestyle Rich & Creamy Mayo
- ¼ - ½ c chives, minced
- 3 celery stalks, minced
- 1 medium orange pepper, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs picnic mustard
- 3 Tbs vinegar
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Boil potatoes in large pot until tender, about 20 -2 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a large bowl stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Gently fold in potatoes.
- Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.
For optional garnish: sprinkle paprika on top or sliced egg, a few chives or sprigs of parsley are also a nice touch.