Sometimes, dinner pops up when you least expect it! Last week, I was busy getting my new computer all set up and before I knew it, everyone was asking what was for dinner! Dinner was “supposed” to be meatloaf, but I had forgotten to make the loaf and put it in the oven an hour earlier.
So, Mini Meatloaf Muffin Cups were just right — quick prep and only a 25 minute bake time meant everyone was happy in no time. I served two mini meatloaf cups per person, alongside boiled smashed potatoes and broccoli. The leftovers were delicious the next day for lunch, with a salad of fresh greens.
The recipe makes a dozen meatloaf muffins. They would freeze and reheat in the microwave beautifully, if you can manage to keep them out of your family’s tummy’s long enough to hide in the freezer!
- 1 small Onion, minced
- 1 small Green Pepper, minced
- 1 c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbs Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub
- 2 Tbs Parsley
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbs Milk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 c Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Mild Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place foil cupcake liners in a 12 cup muffin tin and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix together onion, peppers, bread crumbs, Grill Mates, parsley, egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- in small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, worcestershire sauce and salsa. Pour half of mixture into bread crumb mixture.
- Add ground beef and mix lightly until well combined.
- Divide meat mixture into 12 balls and place into prepared liners.
- Spoon remaining BBQ mixture evenly over meat cakes. Place on center rack in preheated oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until meat cakes are cooked through.
adapted from foodnetwork.com