I was going to make regular old frozen ravioli with jarred pasta sauce for a quick dinner last Wednesday, but there was no sauce to be found in the cupboard.
When I stumbled upon the package of bacon buried in the freezer, I knew I had to do something with it — must eat the bacon…
And, yes… I know I just posted a cream cheese alfredo with bacon and pea dish a couple of weeks ago — but this ravioli bacon and pea pasta dish is completely different! It’s a five ingredient pasta dish that is super simple to whip up on a busy weeknight. The dish would also be elegant served alongside a fresh green salad and breadsticks for a Sunday family style dinner.
And of course, the bacon is the star of the show.
- 1 lb good quality Frozen Ravioli
- ½ lb Bacon
- 1¾ c frozen Peas
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Fresh Romano Cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in large skillet until browned and slightly crisp. Place on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Pour grease into a heat safe container and reserve.
- Cook Ravioli according to package directions, don’t overcook or the dish will be soggy.
- To pan you cooked bacon in, add 2 Tbs reserved grease and saute garlic, over med-low heat, until translucent.
- Add frozen peas to garlic and saute until heated thoroughly. Add up to 2 more Tbs of bacon grease to keep from sticking. Be sure to scrape up any bits of bacon.
- When ravioli is cooked through, remove from water with slotted spoon and add to skillet with peas. Gently stir the mixture together, can add up to ¼ cup of pasta water or a few more tablespoons of the reserved bacon grease depending on taste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a teaspoon of fresh grated romano cheese.