A warm spring day, the one you love and a bottle of delicious wine — what more could anyone ask for? Chris and I rarely find time to sit down together these days so when Mom It Forward asked us if Gallo Family Vineyards could send us a few bottles of their Moscato Wines to celebrate the upcoming National Moscato Day, we said yes! We popped the cork on them a few days early so we could tell you all about the Gallo Family Vineyards 2nd annual National Moscato Day!
Have you heard? May 9th is a new holiday! A wine holiday, who knew? Now that you do know, it’s time to get ready to party for the second annual National Moscato Day celebration!
Gallo Family Vineyards has been providing their delicious wines at affordable prices, for over 4 generations! The winery is family owned and offers a variety of wines, to help friends and family throughout the U.S., celebrate all of our occasions.
Party with us on Twitter!
Be sure to join join us for Girl’s Night out! Next week, we’ll be tweeting with Mom It Forward and Gallo Family Vineyards at the #MoscatoDay Twitter party on May 9th. Pour yourself a glass of Moscato and come tweet with us! Here are the Twitter Party details:
- What: Girl’s Night out to celebrate National Moscato Day!
- When: May 9, 2013 (9 – 10 pm ET)
- Where: Join the conversation with hashtags #MoscatoDay and #gno
- Who: Follow @GalloFamily, @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- RSVP: You can rsvp on Gallo Family Vineyards’ Facebook page, plus check out the Moscato Party kit giveaway while you’re there!
This year marks the third year in a row that Moscato wine takes the lead for the fastest growing wine varietal in the United States. To spread the word about this wine with the sweeter taste, Gallo Family Vineyards decided to establish May 9th as National Moscato Day! And we are glad they did! To help us all get in the celebration mood, Gallo Family Vineyards partnered with entertaining expert Robyn Moreno to bring you these easy Moscato Party Ideas and Tips.
5 Tips on How to Throw a National Moscato Day Party:
- Mix It Up: Gallo Family Vineyards offers three delicious types of Moscato – White, Red, and Pink. If you want people to get talking about the wine, try setting up different stations around the room. Feature tasting notes if you really want to get the conversation going
- Not Your Ordinary Cheese Tray: Moscato pairs perfectly with cheese, such as Brie, Camembert, aged Parmesan and Pecorino Romano. Style up your cheese plate by making a slit in a wine cork and sliding in a card labeling the cheeses. The display is an easy and elegant way to let your guests know what they are eating.
- Spice Not Stress: Moscato and spicy food are the perfect combination and serving Paella is a clever, chic way to feed a crowd. Plus, since this flavorful rice-based dish can be made with almost anything – grilled meats, seafood, or veggies – everyone will be able to enjoy it and you won’t be tasked with making multiple meals.
- Decorating Couldn’t Be Easier: Create clever centerpieces from pretty items in your home. An old wine box or beautiful tray can become blossoming centerpieces when decorated with fresh fruit and a birdcage can become a gilded candleholder with a pillar placed inside.
- Don’t Let The Party End: To enjoy another night of great wine, pour the remaining Moscato into ice trays that you can use later in sparkling water for a updated take on a “white wine spritzer!”
I especially like the idea to freeze remaining wine, we often have a hard time finishing a bottle between us so this would be a welcome way to enjoy our wine without waste!
What did we think about Moscato?
Since Chris and I usually keep our alcohol intake limited to social gatherings and the occasional family picnic, it was a treat for us to sample these wines. Neither one of us had tried Moscato wine before and we weren’t sure whether we would like it or not.
We found both the Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato and Pink Moscato at our local Wines & Spirits store. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate the Red Moscato at any of the stores in our area and were even told by one that that varietal is not available in Pennsylvania :( Luckily, our store only carries the larger 1.5L bottles of this particular brand of Moscato, so we are not short of wine for our celebration :).
We tried both the Moscato and Pink Moscato, alongside some gooey blondies. I thought that the slightly sweet, yet light taste of the Pink Moscato paired so well with our little dessert picnic! You can taste the citrus in the wine, along with a hint of berry. We also each tried a glass of the Moscato and as soon as I took my first sip, I thought about how good this varietal would be with a grilled or bbq meal. It has a sweet undertone that tastes a bit of honey and peaches, very tasty! I enjoyed it very much though hubby did say he thought it a bit sweet for his taste — wimp!
I was really surprised by how affordable the Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato is — at just $9.49 for a 1.5L bottle, this is quality wine so affordable that it’s perfect for celebrations, picnics and gatherings of any size.
I also made up a gorgeous Moscato Wine Punch to enjoy outside and it was a big hit with both the hubby and I. (totally worth squeezing that fresh grapefruit and lemon!). Thank you to Gallo Family Vineyards for this recipe that I am sharing with you! It’s a delicious way to unwind on a warm evening, or relax with a group of friends on the weekend.
Disclaimer: : I am part of the Mom It Forward blogger network. Mom It Forward and Gallo Family Vineyards partnered in support of this campaign. Gallo Family Vineyards compensated me for participation in this campaign. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.