Since I was a little kid, oatmeal has been a common breakfast dish. I have always loved eating oatmeal in the countless ways it can be prepared. From my memory of Dad’s stove-top cooked hot Quaker® oatmeal with cranberries to my favorite oatmeal raisin cookies, oatmeal has always been there to fuel and fill me up.
Sharing my love of oatmeal with my family through the years has tested my inventiveness at times. They are such picky eaters! Today, in celebration of National Oatmeal Day, I’m using the best oatmeal — Quaker® Oats, to whip up a cheerful breakfast treat that makes them shout YAY OATS!
Berry Morning Breakfast Crisp Recipe
- 1 C Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- ¼ C pecans, chopped
- ¼ C roasted sunflower kernels
- ½ C brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 Tbs white whole wheat flour
- 8 Tbs butter, cold (no substitute)
- 6 oz blackberries
- 6 oz raspberries
- 2 C strawberries, halved
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 10″ cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix together oats, pecans, kernels, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and flour.
- Cut butter into oats mixture until crumbly and mixture just holds together when pressed between the fingers.
- Put in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently rinse berries in cold water, drain well.
- Toss lightly with 1 Tbs sugar and pour into prepared dish.
- Crumble oats mixture evenly over berries.
- Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and berries are bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.
Vote for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card!
Quaker® Oats is also celebrating National Oatmeal Day. They have asked a group of bloggers to create their own unique oatmeal recipe. If you like my recipe, please vote for me through 11:59 pm est Oct. 29th! Each vote (up to 25 votes) will give you an entry to win a $1,000 gift card! That’s lots of chances to win! If my recipe wins, I’ll be featured in the Quaker® newsletter, WooHoo! Thank you for your support!
Remember – In honor of National Oatmeal Day on October 29th, vote for my recipe and I have a chance to be featured in the Quaker® Oats newsletter!
When you vote you will be entered to win a $1,000 gift card! Yay Oats! Official Sweepstakes Rules
More ways to celebrate National Oatmeal day:
- Nat. Oatmeal Day Twitter party at 1pm ET on 10/29 #YAYOATS
- Cheer YAY OATS visit www.nationaloatmealday.com
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker®. The opinions and text are all mine.