I was going to let the kids and hubby fend for themselves for supper tonight. Then came the sounds of cupboards doors opening and closing, back and forth walking, refrigerator staring… No, things are not going to magically appear in the fridge if they weren’t there 10 seconds ago. Or the 10 seconds before that. Or….
At 7:00, I gave up and started digging through the freezer.
Something quick. Easy. Minimal effort. A pizza shell. A jar of Alfredo sauce, some organic chicken breasts and some veggies.
This chicken alfredo pizza with colorful vegetables sure won’t win any awards but it tastes good. Even the dog got a piece when I dropped my first slice on the floor. Ah well.
- 2 medium organic chicken breasts
- 1 12 inch pre-baked pizza crust
- 8 oz jar of Alfredo sauce
- 4 oz grated muenster or colby jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregan
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or follow your crust’s cooking directions).
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces. Season chicken well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped herbs.
- Saute in olive oil over medium heat until no longer pink and cooked through. Add 1 Tbs water to pan and cover with lid while you prepare the crust.
- Spread all but 2 Tbs of Alfredo sauce over crust to within ½ inch of edge. Sprinkle with all but ¼ cup of cheese.
- Evenly distribute chicken and veggies over cheese.
- Sprinkle with reserved ¼ cup.
- Drizzle with reserved 2 Tbs of Alfredo sauce.
- Bake on pizza stone or cookie sheet for 9 – 12 minutes (check your crust’s instructions) or until bottom is just golden and veggies are heated through.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve.