I love this dessert! I think it’s almost better than strawberry shortcake! It’s so easy to make and everyone always loves it! We are definitely making it for our Fourth of July Picnic again this year :) If it ever stops raining I might take the kids to pick some strawberries for the recipes, YUM!
- 1 quart strawberries, divided
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) loaf pound cake, cut into 10 slices
- 1⅓ cups blueberries, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Slice 1 cup of the strawberries; set aside.
- Halve the remaining 3 cups strawberries; set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mixes in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved.
- Add enough ice to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is completely melted.
- Refrigerate 5 min. or until gelatin is slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Meanwhile, line bottom of 13x9-inch dish with cake slices.
- Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries to thickened gelatin; stir gently. Spoon over cake slices.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk or electric mixer until well blended; gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread over gelatin.
- Arrange strawberry halves on cream cheese mixture to resemble the stripes of a flag. Arrange remaining ⅓ cup blueberries on cream cheese mixture for the stars.
- Store any leftover dessert in refrigerator.
linked from Allrecipes.com