My husband is driving me nuts.
More so than I already am! Chris has been in construction for almost as long as we have been together, he’s owned his own small business for at least the last 10 years. This is the time of year things are slow — like slower than molasses. Which usually means he is home more often than not early in the year, at least until the next contract job comes through. Not having a schedule drives me insane. I like being home by myself during the day so I can get something done! When he’s home he thinks he can talk to me — the nerve! I can’t do anything when he’s around, he turns the TV up and makes noise and asks me to do things like figure out how to send email from Craig’s List for him and how to play movies in the laptop and… BLARGH!
That being said, of course, I love him without end!
So I thought I would make a little list of the top ten reasons I love my husband. I’m not sure if it will help with how annoying he is, but it is a great reminder on those days when I wish I could just smack him with a frying pan! I saw Robin do this on her blog not long ago and thought it sounded like a fun post.
Ten Reasons Why I Love My Husband
- When he’s home, he does the dishes and the laundry and sweeps the floors. Umm, LOVE!
- He is really wonderful with little kids, you should see him with our granddaughter, too sweet.
- He takes care of my chickens for me when it’s super muddy and snowy outside. (I call him the chicken herder)
- He makes sure that he always gets to the kids events and games, always!
- We have a lot of fun gardening and growing things together, he always makes sure to tell me when my flowers are starting to pop up.
- We both love nature and history.
- Movies are our thing, we love watching them together, at home or tat the theater. Though our tastes are different, he’ll still watch a chick flick with me once in awhile.
- He’s my bug squisher. I cannot squish a bug, bee, spider or whatever if it’s in the house. It just gives me the creeps to even think about capturing or squishing an insect that’s inside! He always does it for me. Even if I sometimes put a cup over said insect and leave it there all day until he comes home to get rid of, he doesn’t even laugh at me for it!
- He’s like a furnace, when I get in bed, he doesn’t complain about my ice cold toes stealing the heat from his internal furnace. Seriously this guy is like your own personal heater!
- He always dresses up with me for Halloween, I loved his viking costume last year!
And one more, maybe this extra one is the most important one:
- He has a great sense of humor. We can always laugh at each other, even when we’re mad at each other about something dumb.
Well, that’s feels better! I know before long, the next job will come up and he’ll be working long hours again. Then, I’ll remember how much I do miss him when he’s working all the time. I love you Super G., I really do!