Over the past few weeks, you may have heard me talk a lot about my new Samsung Galaxy S III. I have not even scratched the surface of what my phone can do or the capabilities of the Verizon Wireless network. Recently, I learned how easy it is to create a mobile hotspot with the Galaxy S III. It has been very useful, allowing me to surf the web on my kindle when I’m away from home, love it! It’s also nice to know that if the power goes out, I could still get work done on my laptop by using the hotspot feature on my phone! Even better, you don’t even need to own a smartphone to take advantage of a mobile hotspot!
With the new Verizon Wireless Jetpack, now you can have the same mobile hotspot experience that you see in you tablet or smartphone with this dedicated device. A Jetpack will allow you to connect multiple Wi-Fi enabled devices to the internet, without the need for a smartphone. You can even connect more than one device at the same time. Jetpacks are super useful for anytime you need to travel away from home or office, yet stay connected to the web.
Verizon JetpackTM 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 4620L Features
Share Everything ℠
- For only $20 a month, Jetpacks offer a cost effective and mobile Internet connection.
Multiple device connections
- Jetpack™ fits customers who often want to connect 2 or more devices for extended data sessions.
- The entire family can stay connected to the Internet without relying on a Smartphone user to be home for use of their Mobile Hotspot feature.
- As a device dedicated to Internet connections, customers can easily multi-task with a Jetpack.
- Jetpack™ provides the best battery life experience compared to Mobile Hotspot on a Smartphone (which can consume battery power extremely fast).
- Family members can connect all their WiFi capable devices connected in the car on a road-trip.
- Traveling coworkers can share a connection while awaiting flights at the airport.
- Access the Internet when roaming outside the U.S. in more than 205 countries.
- More than 150 of those countries support 3G data speeds.
- Easily view signal strength, network status, battery indicator, SMS, and number of devices connected right from the device’s display.
- View SMS usage alerts and temporary passwords sent via SMS for quick and easy account setup. Remind customers to manage data usage alerts via My Verizon.
- Get automatic audible alerts when battery is low and when devices connect.
• 4G LTE Mobile Broadband
• LTE: Typical download speeds of 5‐12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2‐5 Mbps.
• Global ready for data use in over 205 countries
• Connect up to 10 Wi‐Fi® enabled devices at one time in 4G mode, up to 5 devices in 3G mode
• Not compatible for prepaid usage
• Interactive OLED display
• User‐Friendly Web UI: No Software to install
• VPN Capable
• Most Advanced Security Features
Try Verizon Jetpack for yourself!
If you are interested in being able to create your own mobile hotspot, now is your chance! Thanks to Verizon Wireless, one lucky reader is going to win a JetpackTM 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 4620L, a SIM card (needed for activation) and a $150 Verizon Wireless gift card (to purchase other equipment or use toward bills)! You’ll also receive instructions for how to activate the device.
Entry is super easy using the Rafflecopter form below. Just complete as many entries as you like! Giveaway is open to U.S. ages 18+ only and will end on September 28th 2012 at 12:01am est. Please read the official rules at the bottom of the Rafflecopter form.