This is RJ from Virtuous Girlhood.com and I’m so excited to guest post today! I love blueberries. And my family has a favorite blueberry cake recipe. However, I’m sick of the same old cake. So I decided to re-create it. And this is the result of my afternoon in the kitchen. This recipe is really easy and is so good.
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup of sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 -1/4 cup sugar
- 2 -1/4 cup flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Preheat your oven to 350F and then dump all your wet ingredients into a fairly large bowl. Mix well.
- Then add your dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix or your cake will be dense and yucky.
- Add your blueberries and stir.
- When you are done pour your cake batter into a pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This makes about twenty-four muffins or two large blueberry breads. I made mine in a sheet cake. You can pretty much use whatever pan you want though. :)
Since this has lemons and blueberry’s in it, it counts as healthy right? Right? Be sure to enjoy this yummy recipe with a glass of milk. Thanks Henrietta for having me!
If you can’t find her at the barn with her horse, you can find her hanging with her loved ones and friends. @VirtuousGirlhd