Frito-Lays is reminding everyone of the home tastes they love with their new Lay’s Regional Flavors Frito-Lays Chips! Each of the seven new flavors have been inspired by the flavors of the different regions of America. Try one of these new flavors today and see if it reminds you of home!
- Lay’s Honey Mustard — Northeastern U.S.
- Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch — Midwestern U.S.
- Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion –Northwestern U.S.
- Lay’s Chipotle Ranch — Southwestern U.S.
- Lay’s Cajun Herb & Spice — Southeastern U.S.
- Garden Tomato Basil — Available everywhere
- Tangy Carolina BBQ — Available everywhere
I cannot wait to try the Garden Tomato Basil and the Balsamic Sweet Onions flavors, yum! They’re especially appealing since the Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips have 0 grams of trans fat per serving, are lower in sodium and are made with all-natural ingredients.
I was excited when Lay’s invited me to share a recipe that reminds me of home with them for a chance to win a trip to the Frito-Lay headquarters in Plano, Texas, cash prize, or a bunch of chips in the Tastes from Home with Frito-Lay recipe contest! The first thought that came to mind was a recipe with apples. The tree in our front yard is bursting with red apples and I know that my favorite cooler-weather season, Fall, is just around the corner. Anything with apples in it always reminds me of home but this apple crisp is one of the tastiest comfort foods I could think of. I added a few surprises to it and I’ve found that this is one of the yummiest crisp toppings after lots of experimenting!
- 1 c Old Fashioned Oats
- 5 Tbs flour
- ¾ c brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, slightly softened
- 5 medium Apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 1 small (about 6-7") zucchini peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- ¼ c golden raisins
- ¼ c brown sugar
- ¼ tsp allspice or nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 10"x10"x2" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- For topping: In small bowl mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. With pastry cutter or fork, work the butter into the oatmeal mixture until clumpy and well mixed. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, toss apples, zucchini and raisins with lemon juice and vanilla. Mix together the brown sugar, sugar, allspice (or nutmeg) and salt. Gently toss with apple mixture to thoroughly coat.
- Spread apples evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. With fingers, crumble the topping over the apples. Place dish in preheated oven, and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until the topping is crispy and golden on top and apples are bubbly.
- Serve warm with or without vanilla bean ice cream.
Giveaway is now CLOSED
After all that talk are you hungry yet? I hope so because thanks to Lay’s you can enter to win a variety pack of Lay’s Regional Flavors potato chips ! YUM!
How to Enter: (mandatory)
Leave me a comment telling me which flavor(s) you can’t wait to try and/or what flavors remind you of home! So Easy!
Extra Entries: (optional)
Please leave a new comment, with links if applicable, for each extra entry to be counted.
- Like A Hen’s Nest on Facebook (+ 2 comments)
- Blog it, click Facebook Like, Stumble, Grab my button (+ 1 comment each)
- Subscribe to A Hen’s Nest via email (+ 3 comments)
- Follow A Hen’s Nest publicly with Google Friend Connect
- Follow @fritolay on Twitter
- Follow @ahensnest on Twitter and tweet this giveaway using this tweet (up to 3 tweets daily at least 1 hour apart)
Copy/paste this tweet: Try my Apple Zucchini Crisp & enter to #Win Frito-Lay Regional flavors chips! #FritoFlavors #Giveaway @ahensnest http://bit.ly/nvBmbX
Rules: Follow the directions above! Giveaway open to U.S. residents, 18+ only and ends Aug. 30th, 11:59 est. Winner will be randomly chosen via “And The Winner Is…” plugin, posted on my Winner’s List, and contacted by email. Winner must reply to notification email within 48 hours or I will redraw :(.