Hot summer days call for cool no-oven-needed treats. My family and I like nothing better than fresh fruit desserts at this time of year, add that to a craving for cheesecake and you get pure bliss.
This delicious cheesecake whips up fast and is much lighter tasting than its baked counterpart.
Whip it up and you’ll get smiles and joy filled eyes from your family when they take their first bites (:
- 8 Honey-Maid cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
- 6 Tbs real butter, softened
- 2 - 8oz. pkg Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- ½ c sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbs pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz carton Cool Whip topping, thawed
- 1½ c fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In small bowl, with fork, combine softened butter and crackers until well blended and clumpy.
- Press graham cracker mixture into bottom of 8 or 9 inch spring form pan, slightly sloping up sides to form rim.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 - 5 minutes, scraping down sides twice.
- Gently fold in thawed Cool Whip until thoroughly combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over top of prepared crust.
- Cover and chill three hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of spring form pan, and top cheesecake with strawberries and blueberries.
*Use the bottom of your measuring cup to press your crust into the pan!
*Try substituting fresh sliced peaches for the berries, delicious!
adapted from http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Desserts/No-Bake-Vanilla-Cheesecake.aspx