I tried, but I could not wait any longer for my zucchini to grow big enough. I bought one from the local farm stand instead :) I have been craving Fried Zucchini! It’s a summer treat!
This recipe is pretty darn good! I adapted from one I found on Allrecipes.com (my go-to place for recipe searches). If you have extra zucchini you should definitely try some, get the kids involved! We like ours dipped in ranch dressing, but any kind of dip would do. If I had thought of it ahead of time, I would have made some Dill Dip to try with them!
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
- ¾ c all purpose flour
- ¼ c yellow cornmeal
- salt & pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1 lg egg
- 2 Tbs milk
- ¼ c olive oil & ½ c canola oil for frying
- In pie plate mix egg and milk well.
- In another pie plate mix together flour, cornmeal and seasonings to taste.
- Dip zucchini slices into egg wash, coat with flour mixture, tapping to remove excess. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini to oil in batches, taking care not to crowd (6 slices fit perfectly into my pan).
- Fry until golden on one side, flip carefully and cook until evenly browned and zucchini is just tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain on paper towels or brown paper.
- Salt and eat!
p.s. don’t burn your tongue like I always do, and in fact did, several times :)