Oh my, these happen to be the favorite muffin at our house. They are sweet, bite sized and tasty. Both my hubby and the kids gobble them up. They go so well with a glass of cold milk and my daughter loves to take them to school in her lunch box. Let me know if you try them!
- 1¾ c all-purpose flour
- ½ c sugar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ c canola oil
- ½ c applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c yogurt
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, smashed
- ½ c chocolate peanut butter swirl chips
- ½ c white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Into large bowl, sift flour, sugars, baking powder, soda, salt & cinnamon.
- In medium bowl thoroughly combine egg, oil, applesauce, yogurt & vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just to moisten.
- Mash bananas and lightly fold into batter along with chocolate chips. This is a thick and lumpy muffin batter.
- Spray mini muffin cups with non-stick spray, fill ⅔ full of batter.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Don't over bake! Remove from muffin tins and cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 4-5 dozen mini muffins depending on pan size.
Use the Pampered Chef mini scoop to fill the cups, perfect size!
If using a dark pan then oven temperature should be lowered to 325.
Can substitute ½ - ¾ cup of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
These are even better if you use a banana cream yogurt instead of plain.
Could substitute sour cream or buttermilk for the yogurt if desired.
Use any combination of chocolate, peanut butter and /or white chocolate chips to make 1 cup total.
Can leave plain or drizzle with icing once they are completely cool (if they make it that far).