No matter how old the kids get, they still look forward to our Easter traditions. We always dye a ton of Eggs together and they know they will wake up to big baskets of goodies! It wouldn’t be a celebration without our favorite HERSHEY’S Easter Candy. I have a lot of fun choosing unique ways to give the kids their candy baskets.
One year, I hid both baskets and made clues for the kids to solve and follow to their treat – that was a big hit. Another year, I tied yarn to each basket handle, hid the baskets, and strung the yarn all through the house, ending it in their rooms. They woke up to a note to follow the yarn trail and it was a blast watching them crawl around and untangle the yarn to get to their surprise!
Now that my little ones are a teenager and a college ‘kid’, I try to find baskets that they’ll be able to reuse or that have a fun vibe to them. This year, I plan to find a colorful art caddy for my son and perhaps a pretty lined storage basket for my daughter.
I even have my own favorite basket! This adorable wire chicken was a flea market find. It looks so cute as my Spring table centerpiece, when filled with paper shreds, a yummy HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Solid Bunny and colorful candies. I’m sure little ones would love to find a hen full of candy, too!
I was browsing around on HERSHEY’S Bunny Trail, looking for ways to use up any leftover Easter candy (haha, leftover candy?) we might have this year. I found some great ideas. How cute is this HERSHEY’S “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” Easter Bunny Cake! I love the little JOLLY RANCHER Jelly Bean nose and REESE’S White Peanut Butter Eggs Ears!
Oooh, those peanut butter eggs! We all love them in our house, so I came up with this super easy Easter Candy Brownie Trifle using REESE’S White & Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs and a box of HERSHEY’S Brownie mix. Another of my favorite candies – WHOPPERS’ Robin Eggs look sweet piled into a nest of colored shredded coconut.
I wish you could have seen my hubby’s eye when I served this dessert the other day — they were POPPING!
- 1 Family Size box of HERSHEY's Brownie Mix (plus ingredients listed on box)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4-6 Tbs powdered sugar
- 8 REESE'S Peanut Butter Eggs
- 1½ cups coconut
- 6 drops green food coloring
- WHOPPERS' Robin Eggs or other assorted Easter Candy
- Bake the brownies according the box instructions for a 8"x8" pan. Cool completely and crumble before assembling trifle.
- Chop the peanut butter eggs into ½" squares.
- Place coconut and green food coloring into a baggie. Seal and squeeze together until the coconut is evenly colored green - fun job for the kids!
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a chilled metal bowl. Beat on medium speed, adding the powdered sugar and vanilla gradually, until cream forms soft peaks.
- In a 9" glass trifle bowl layer half the crumbled brownie, half the whipped cream and 1 cup of the green coconut.
- Evenly spread the chopped HERSHEY'S Peanut Butter Eggs over the coconut. Top with remaining brownie and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of green coconut into a nest shape in center of whipped cream and decorate with the WHOPPERS' Robin Eggs, or other candy. you could even place a cute chocolate bunny in the center!
- Store airtight in the fridge for up to 2 days.
For sweeter whipped cream add another 2 Tbs of powdered sugar.
Win an Easter Candy Assortment Giveaway!
For even more ideas, check out all of the Easter decorations, baskets and recipes on the Celebrate with HERSHEY’S holiday website! Many fellow bloggers have also shared their tips and recipes — you’ll find them on the site as well.
Then, come back to this post and leave a comment sharing your family’s favorite Easter tradition AND favorite Easter craft/recipe found on CelebrateWithHersheys.com! You’ll be entered to win an assortment of HERSHEY’S Easter Candy!
Entry is super easy using the Rafflecopter form below. Just complete the first two mandatory entries to open up several optional extra entries! Giveaway is open to U.S. residents ages 18+ only and will end on April 19, 2014 at 11:59pm est. Winner will be chosen randomly using the Rafflecopter widget and will be notified via email. Prize will be shipped to address given in entry form. Sponsor will be responsible for shipping prize to winner.