When I received a box of Torani Flavored Syrups in the mail last week, I was excited to see what new flavor I would be sampling. I was just the tiniest bit disappointed that I had received the same two flavors that I reviewed last year.
Then I remembered how delicious the Gingerbread and the Salted Caramel Torani Flavored Syrups were and went ahead and cracked a bottle open!
I love using Torani Flavored Syrups in my coffee instead of sugar — they add such a depth of flavor and make plain old coffee seem like a special indulgence!
Torani Syrups are more than just coffee flavoring though.
They are also a great addition to baked goods and other recipes. This past Sunday, I decided to bake up some mini cheesecakes, as a family treat.
The Sugar Free Torani Salted Caramel Syrup sounded like the perfect addition the the cheesecake batter.
Instead of plain old graham cracker crust, I used a package of soft molasses cookies as the base. Gingerbread and caramel taste so good together!
With a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle of caramel, or even a sprinkle of crushed peanut brittle — these festive mini cheesecakes are a delicious way to celebrate the season with family or friends!
- 2 (8 oz) pkg ⅓ less fat cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c sugar
- 1 Tbs white whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbs Salted Caramel fat free Torani Syrup
- 1 pkg soft Molasses Cookies
- whipped cream
- caramel topping
- peanut brittle, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 muffin tins and 16 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- Cut circles out of cookies to fit bottom of cupcake liners (or crumble cookies then press firmly into bottoms).
- In bowl of electric mixer, add cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour and syrup.
- Beat on med-high speed until mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Distribute cheesecake batter evenly among liners, fillling almost to top.
- Bake in center of oven — 12-15 minutes for minis and 15-17 minutes for regular sized tins.
- Remove from oven when centers are slightly jiggly. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on rack completely.
- Garnish with whipped cream, caramel topping and/or a sprinkle of peanut brittle.
- Serve & enjoy!
Enter the #Torani Cheers Holiday Contest!!
Share how you enjoy using Torani Flavored Syrups in your holiday drinks and recipes to win great prizes now through Decmeber 15th, 2012!
To submit your recipe, send an e-mail to HolidayCheersContest@Torani.com with a subject line of “Torani Holiday Cheers Contest”. In the body of the email provide your first and last name, an e-mail address and phone number at which you can be contacted in the event you are a winner. Attach the following to your e-mail: (a) A Word Document with your word processed recipe and (b) a photograph (PDF file or a .jpg file format) of your prepared recipe as presented for serving OR a photograph of yourself using Torani in the recipe preparation process, providing that any photograph submitted must include a clear image of the Torani syrup bottle used in your recipe, (collectively your “Recipe Submission”). (Or if you prefer, you can simply embed the photograph and the recipe in the body of the e-mail.) See the official rules for complete details.
RSVP to the #ToraniFlavors Twitter party for the chance to win cases of Torani syrups + drink makers! Check out the SheSpeaks post for more details.
Twitter Party Details:
When: Thursday, 11/15 at 9pm ET
Where: Twitter, follow the hashtag #ToraniFlavors
Custom TweetGrid: http://bit.ly/PUqOAf
Party Panelists:@Zipporahs, @lisasamples, @StacieinAtalanta, @jonbonjovious, @erinclane, @MommaDJane
Be sure to print your $1.00 off Torani coupon, it’s good until January 9, 2012. Good Luck!