If you have followed my blog for any length of time, then you know that I am always in search of healthy snacks that my whole family can enjoy — without being full of sugars. Old London Melba Snacks and Toasts are a delicious way to get some crunchiness without resorting to potato chips or plain old crackers.
I was really surprised to see all of the different combinations that the toasts and snacks come in — everything from Sea Salt to Rosemary to Sesame and more, there is a flavor for everyone!
I love to eat a few of the Old London Sea Salt Melba Snacks with a smear of natural peanut butter or low fat cream cheese – yum! I also have plans to make up some fresh tomato and corn salsa to scoop up with the Rosemary Melba Toasts- oh my!
Use them to make delicious treats!
Besides grabbing a handful right out of the box, there are so many other ways to enjoy delicious Old London toasts! This better for you recipe from the Old London website looks amazing and so simple to create — perfect for hot summer afternoons!
Chocolate Pistachio Crunch
Melba Snacks Sea Salt
- 4 cups (2 – 12oz pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate dark chips (not milk chocolate)
- 1 box Melba Snacks Sea Salt
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, chopped and toasted
1. Stir chocolate in large bowl set over saucepan of boiling water until melted and smooth making sure the water does not touch bottomof bowl and chocolate does not get too hot.
2. Remove from over water.
3. Dip Melba Snacks into melted chocolate to cover half of the snack.
4. Gently shake off excess chocolate.
5. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and quickly sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
6. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Healthy living Tips
Together with nutrition and culinary experts, Old London and Hightower created simple health tips and recipes to support a Mediterranean influenced lifestyle. Old London products – such as Melba Toast, Bagel Chips, and Melba Snacks – add crunch and flavor to meals and snacks, without the unnecessary calories. Check out some of these healthy living tips from celebrity dancer Chelsie Hightower and international columnist and renowned speaker Dr. Susan M. Kleiner.
Chelsie Hightower’s Tips
Dr. Susan M. Kleiner’s Tips
Enter the OPA! To A Better You Sweepstakes!
Greek culture adheres to the Mediterranean way of life, where active lifestyles and healthy, balanced diets stand as a natural component of everything from daily get-togethers to large family celebrations. Often heard at these events, the Greek exclamation “OPA!” signifies excitement and cheer, a contagious feeling that thrives throughout the Greek Islands.
In the true spirit of the country, Old London has partnered with professional dancer Chelsie Hightower to launch the “OPA! To A Better You” Facebook Sweepstakes. You can enter by simply clicking ‘Like’ on the Old London Facebook page.
One lucky winner & guest will win 8-day, 7-night trip to Greek Islands. Includes:
- Round trip (coach) air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home
- 7 nights first class hotel accommodations in Athens, Mykonos & Santorini
- $2,000 gift card for spending money
The sweepstakes ends on Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PT, Good Luck!