Summer will be here before we know it! That means long days at the beach, hours and hours spent outside playing games, attending picnics and working in the vegetable beds — Hooray! One of the most important things to remember during the hot days of summer, is to protect our family from the harmful UVB rays that can cause sunburn no matter what activity we’re enjoying. Ouch! Sunburn is no fun! Beyond Coastal has a sun care product for everyone in your family!
One activity our family really loves to do is to visit the creek on a hot day. It’s fun to splash around while we dig under the rocks in search of salamanders and crawfish. This particular creek has a few mini waterfalls which make for a nice spot to sit in and let the little fish nibble your toes. The sun beating down on us feels good, but we always make sure to slather on some sunscreen before we leave the car!
I can’t wait to go back to the creek in a few weeks! I’ll be taking along the Beyond Coastal products that I was sent recently. My favorite product in our kit is the Beyond Coastal Active Facestick – this product comes in a small deodorant-like tube. It’s clear and goes on that way and is so easy to use since I don’t have to get it on my hands! I can just swipe the sunscreen across my nose and cheekbones to keep those sunburn-prone areas protected.
Another reason I am loving the Beyond Coastal products is the fact that they smell good. I hate it when sun care products have an overpowering scent, the Beyond Coastal ones have either no scent or a very light citrus scent – like oranges — depending on which product you’re using. I also, love that Beyond Coastal comes in an All-Natural sun care product line and an Active line so I can choose which one is right for us. I like that the Beyond Coastal products contain ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin E and antioxidants. They are also Gluten Free, Cruelty Free, Fragrance Free, Oxybenzone Free, Paraben Free, Oil Free!
Besides using Beyond Coastal Sun Care product, these sun protection tips will also help you to keep your skin healthy and looking its best for years to come!
- Limit sun exposure during peak summer hours (between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
- Wear protective clothing. White reflects more rays than darker clothing.
- If you feel sunburned, you already are burned. Get out of the sun or add protection.
- Add protective window tinting to your windows. This film blocks 99% of UV radiation.
- Avoid tanning booths! The risk of skin cancer is increased by 75% with frequent use.
- See your doctor once a year for a professional skin exam.
In support of Skin Cancer Awareness Month, Beyond Coastal is offering free shipping throughout the month of May! Also, if you sign up for the Beyond Coastal e-newsletter, you’ll receive a 25%-off code! Check out beyondcoastal.com for both of these money-savers!
Win a Beyond Coastal Sun Care Kit!
Thanks to Beyond Coastal, one lucky reader will win a Summer Sun Care Kit just like I received! The Giveaway is open to U.S. only ages 18+. Entry is super easy using the Rafflecopter form below. Just complete the first mandatory entry to open up the optional extra entries! Good Luck!
The winner’s kit will contain these five Beyond Coastal products:
- Citrus Grove Active Lip Balm: healthy beeswax-based lip balm needs only 11 ingredients to repair and restore cracked lips. SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB rays and Avobenzone protects from UVA rays. Nourish you lips with coconut oil, vitamin E, and yerba mate.
- Active Face Stick SPF 30: only 12 ingredients. SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB rays and Avobenzone protects from UVA rays. Moisturizing, water resistant, rubs in clear. Easy non-messy application for snow sports and squirmy kids.
- Natural Clear Sunscreen SPF 30+: A revolution in natural sunscreen. Goes on clear without leaving a trace of white. Received EWG’s best ranking in 2011. Protects with 20% zinc oxide for broad spectrum protection. SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB rays. Moisturizing, water resistant. Use daily on face and hands.
- Kids Natural Sunscreen SPF 30+: Safe, clean and non-irritating all-natural protection for kids on the go. Protects with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide for broad spectrum protection. SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB rays. Moisturizing, water resistant. No harmful chemicals. Aloe and shea butter nourish skin.
- Active Sunscreen SPF 30+: best-selling sunscreen. Our SPF 30 traditional sport sunscreen blocks 97% of UVB rays and protects from UVA rays with Avobenzone. Moisturizing, water resistant, rubs in clear. Formulated for outdoor athletes to be used on days of intense or prolonged sun exposure.