Does everyone rave about your creative and delicious recipes? Then you should definitely enter The 45th Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest! Your family’s favorite recipe could win the one million dollar grand prize.
The dream came true last year for Sue Compton of Delanco, N.J. who won for her original Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups recipe. In 2008, Carolyn Gurtz walked away with the million-dollar grand prize for her Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies. The 2006 winner, Anna Ginsberg, a stay-at-home mom and blogger at Cookie Madness, earned the $1 million prize for her Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing. You can see that the winners are just ordinary people like you, who had an extraordinary recipe idea!
What kind of recipes should you submit? Pillsbury would like original recipes that taste and look delicious, are easy to prepare and that families across America will love to eat. There are four recipe categories:
- Breakfast & Brunches – casual brunch or weekend family breakfast ideas. (For example, sweet rolls, pull-aparts, pastries, breakfast breads, egg dishes or breakfast sandwiches.)
- Entertaining Appetizers – appetizers and snacks to serve at casual gatherings with family and friends or for holiday entertaining. ( For example, bite size appetizers, tartlets, pinwheels, puffs, bruschetta or focaccia.)
- Dinner Made Easy™ – easy-to-prepare main dishes that will delight your family. (For example, pizzas, calzones, sandwiches, foldovers, casseroles, chilis, soups or savory pies.)
- Sweet Treats – quick and easy treats for anytime celebrations. ( For example, cookies, pies, tarts, brownies or bars.)
Bake-Off entries are being accepted online between now and April 18, 2011, at www.bakeoff.com. Then, over the next 11 months, Pillsbury will go through the process of selecting the top 100 recipes that best meet the judging criteria. Those 100 finalists will each win a trip to Orlando, FL, March 25 – 27, 2012, to compete for cash and merchandise prizes totaling $1,054,000.
One Grand Prize Recipe Winner receives $1,000,000 + $10,000 in GE kitchen appliances.
Three Recipe Category Winners each receive $5,000 + $3,000 in GE kitchen appliances.
Other Awards include:
One (1) GE Imagination At Work Award (retail value is approximately $5,000)
One (1) Jif® Peanut Butter Award ($5,000)
One (1) Crisco is Cooking™ Award ($5,000)
One (1) Eagle Brand® Signature Recipe Award ($5,000)
Win It Here!
Thanks to My Blog Spark you can get your creativity flowing with this great Pillsbury Bake-Off® gift pack that includes a Pillsbury Bake-Off® apron, 100 Winning Recipe cookbook and pen.
How to Enter: (mandatory)
Leave me a comment telling what past Pillsbury Bake-Off recipes look yummy to you?! Easy!
Extra Entries: (optional)
Please leave a new comment, with links if applicable, for each extra entry to be counted.
- Like A Hen’s Nest on Facebook (+ 2 comments) Say Hi, I don’t bite!
- Grab my button for your blog (+2 comments)
- Subscribe to A Hen’s Nest via email or reader
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back here. (+ 3 comments)
- Add this giveaway to a giveaway linky, your own or other (+ 1 comment per linky)
- Follow A Hen’s Nest with Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
- Follow @ahensnest on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (up to 6 tweets daily at least 1 hour apart)
[tweetbox width=”400″ height=”60″ label=”handy dandy tweet box!” content=”#Win The 45th Pillsbury Bake-Off prize pack – %u #giveaway via @ahensnest #myblogspark”]
Follow the directions above! Giveaway open to U.S. residents, 18+ only and ends March 22nd, 11:59 est. Winner will be randomly chosen via “And The Winner Is…” plug-in and posted on my Winner’s List. Winner must reply to notification email within 48 hours or I will redraw :(.